We are looking for enthusiastic EMEA Application Operations Engineer, for our client.
About our client:
With offices in 156 countries and more than 295,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
Our Global IT organization helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications used by all staff levels. You’ll help our team maintain applications that cater to our strategic technology needs using your knowledge in technical domains of application. You’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to achieve complex business requirements/solutions driving from strategy to execution. You’ll be responsible for operations of multiple complex production and production like data lake environments. While the team does not do development work on the platforms, they perform code release deployments and technology upgrades to these environments and will be required to troubleshoot and monitor issues that require understanding of scripting languages.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 4 years
Certification(s) Preferred: ITIL or Agile Certification(s); Cloud fundamentals (like AZ-900)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of:
- Demonstrating Linux and Windows administration experience;
- Possessing knowledge of CI/CD pipeline tooling and deployments;
- Using tools like Azure DevOps/Jenkins, validate requirements, deploy, and troubleshoot deployments of code and technologies in production (and production like) environments;
- Demonstrating communication skills and the ability to drive continuous performance improvements with the stakeholders, vendors and technology specialists;
- Documenting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and performing knowledge transfer to team members;
- Building, maintaining and operating production like and production environments including incident management, change management and problem management;
- Demonstrating fluency in at least one development/automation language such as Python, Powershell, Bash;
- Managing cloud or distributed VMware environments (Preferred Azure or AWS / GCP);
- Demonstrating knowledge of at least one container technology (such as kubernetes) and one database technology (such as: MySQL, MS-SQL, or Postgresql);
- Working with code management tooling (like Github or Gitlab);
- Possessing experience in configuration management across a multi-platform estate (like Ansible and/or Terraform)
- If you have additional questions, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you know somebody suitable for this position or if you want to apply, please send a detailed CV by e-mail: email@example.com.